NeocoreGames has announced that the upcoming Patch 2.0 for King Arthur: Knight’s Tale will feature a major rebalancing of all classes. The patch is set to release on December 2, 2023, and is based on player feedback and NeocoreGames’ own internal testing.
Here is a preview of some of the upcoming class changes:
- Marksmen: Marksmen will receive a significant buff to their damage, as well as new tools that reward tactical gameplay and help positioning. This should make them a more viable choice in the mid and late game.
- Sages: The AP cost of Inspire will be increased, to encourage players to experiment with other skills. Some masteries and abilities have also been enhanced and moved around.
- Champions: Whirlwind will now have a reduced AP cost, making it more viable as an alternative to Cleave. However, Killing Spree has been restricted to one free Strike per turn.
- Arcanists: Fire spells will now cause burning by default, and some other skills and abilities have also been changed.
- Vanguards: Traps will now ignore all Armour, and Assassination has also been changed. Vanguards will also no longer jump back to their original position when performing a Jumping Attack.
- Defenders: Defenders will receive increased damage from Bonebreaker and Flaming Strike (Searing Blaze), and they will take reduced damage from Overwatch and Opportunity Attacks.
King Arthur: Knight’s Tale is a unique hybrid between turn-based tactical games and traditional, character-centric RPGs. Knight’s Tale is a modern retelling of a classic Arthurian mythology story filtered through dark fantasy tropes, a twist on the traditional tales of chivalry.